Are you moving into a new apartment? Moving from your old home to a new one can be a very stressful time, and unpacking all of your things may take more time than you expected. But you can take most of the drama out of setting up your new home and make your transition a little easier by following these 5 tips:
- Confirm move-in details in advance — Before you move, confirm when you can pick up your keys and where you can park to unload your stuff. If you have large furniture, ask for dimensions of the doorways and elevators to make the day easier.
- Unpack essential items first — Take the time to locate the items you need to use right away like toiletries, clothes, and kitchenware. Remember where you packed charging cables too, so you don’t dig through boxes to find them.
- Unpack anything perishable — Anything that can melt or spoil should be unpacked immediately. Things like candles, cosmetics, and medicines can all be temperature sensitive. Make sure to find a space for them as quickly as possible.
- Break unpacking down into steps — Moving a lot of boxes can be overwhelming. You probably won’t unpack everything in one day, so breaking it down into smaller tasks will feel rewarding and more productive.
- Organize as you go — Every apartment is different, so it’s important to organize your belongings from the start. Take a little time to set up your shelves, drawers, and closets in the best way possible. It’ll save you time in the long run.
At Windsor Woods, we have the best accommodations in a fantastic neighborhood. Contact us today to learn more about the apartments we have available!